Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Station North project update 6


May 4, 2015

Week of  April 24, 2015 to May 4, 2015

Okay so this week it went by really fast. There was much to go over, but so little time. Basically my week really statrted out listening to the Baltimore Riots. It was interesting to see that how we atarted the semester was almost the way we ended. We started by talking about the MLK riots of 1968 and we ended by talkibg agout the Freddie Gray riots. History really did repeat itself. Listening to all that was going on from the beginning of the semester at firs it seemed that things may have changed just a little but really it hadn't. People weree standing at the same place people wee so many years ago, there was still separation, still riots, and still complaints. Time moved on however the situation is still there. Hopefully that does change. It is ironic that a this semester we were talking about change, and discussing about it, and if it was considered good or bad in the eyes of people. Now we may see a little bit of society that hasn't changed from before. It would be interesting talking to people to see what their viewpoint was after the riots, especially those we had already talked to. More about this in my reflection. Right now I'll just give you an update on what I have done.

So, before Tuesday, I listened to some of the interview I was supposed to pull out themes for. We discussed it in class on Tuesday. I also learned a new way to transcribe by Carrie called transcribe, which I used Wednesday. It was really good, because I didn't have to paused every time to write a time stamp, and i could slow the voice down. Fortunately, by Wednesday, I finished pulling out the themes. In class on Thursday when we split up Randi, Gaby, Nailah, and I worked on the final list of transcribing. We found that Adam had done some more interviews, so we assigned transcriptions to people in the voices group. On Thursday night I was able to finish listening/doing to the transcription assigned to me,  and also able to pull out themes on it.

I continued through the week to listen to what was going on in Baltimore, the riots, commotion, and what would be decided. I had never thought 2 weeks ago, when I walked through the city as a class, but even just when I was taking interviews, that there would be so much commotion there in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment