Sunday, May 10, 2015

Adventure Blog 4


April 15, 2015 and April 22, 2015

I can't believe this would be my fourth time in Station North on April 15, 2015. I ended up going there for awhile, mainly for interviews however, since I had a little time before hand I got to see the place a little more. This time I got to go to Outtakes. I had never been there before. Honestly, I probably would not have been able to find it as easily if I had not seen the door on my last adventure to the city. I went in and also got a nice cozy feeling from it. It was small, but you know it's like that saying no place is small as long as you take care of it and you feel happy, nothing is small. Meeting the people there, you definitely got that feeling. The people working there and coming there both cared for each other. You could tell the way people entered and the way they left happy and satisfied, but not only that the way the person working there was smiling and seemed to love what he was doing was great. I would definitely say I would go there again just because he had such a caring and happy attitude. It wasn't just then I noticed it, when we went back later that day, I got that same attitude again, and also the way kids were happy to see him and be there.

Outtakes was the only place I saw that day. However I got to go back on April 22, 2015. We first went to the Community Center on Barclay St. It was really nice, it was big and it had a huge space for members of the community to have. I got to walk through their community park, which really consisted of benches with chess boards on attached to them, and then we got to see the marble benches that were made from old steps that used to be in the community. On there were also chess boards. Not only that but we also got to see the community garden. I thought it was really amazing that there was so many activities that the community members could do. They tried to pertain to all different age groups, it didn't matter who you were they had activities for all. Next we went to Sofi's Crepes, and then from there we went to Charles Theatre. Charles Theatre was nice, it was a little dark, but I think thats what gives it there look. I never saw a movie there, but sitting there the smell of popcorn in the lobby and the places to sit. It had a lot of signs for movies, I had never heard of, but that was another beauty of the Charles Theatre. It was getting late, and I had to go. I never thought that maybe the last time I was going to go before the riots.

No comments:

Post a Comment