Sunday, May 10, 2015

Adventure Blog 3


April 11, 2015

My third time in Station North, it was a new day, and a whole lot more that I could see. It was nice out, much nicer than it had been on Thursday at the field trip. It was early Saturday that I had got there.I started out at Sofi's Crepes, even though I had been there twice before. There were several things you notice when you are sitting there and there is not many other things going on. The streets were quiet, the few people that were walking on the streets going or coming from cafes. People were enjoying themselves, either eating, or having a nice walk. It was actually nice to see how people were calm, relax, satisfied, everyone was happy and to themselves. Since Sofi's wasn't open we had to go to SNAC, but then once finally we were able to go to Sofi's we went there. Since there weren't many people at Sofi's I was able to see the wall of keys. It was a nice piece of work, really creative. It can connect with anyone, since, there are many opportunities in life, you have to pick a way (a key) and if one door closes, you will find another open. After Sofi's we ended up going to Seoul Rice Cakes. It was the first time I had been there. I can say it was different then I had thought. It was more empty. Maybe for the Pop Up Korea Town exhibition. There was a lot of open space, nice artwork, and also had some greenery. There as a lot of things I thought were interesting here. I guess overall the one thing I really thought was different from other places I had been to was the way that anyone who comes to the door can't come inside unless if the owner/employee doesn't let you in the first time. At first I had thought the store was closed, but then I noticed any time anyone would come that happens. If there was no one there to open the door, then they just had to ring the bell and they would be clicked in. I really thought that was interesting. I really liked about Pop Up Korea Town was the artwork. Each piece had some kind of meaning to it, especially the pots. Each pot had the person who created it story. It was a creative way to get sentiment and stories in. Just by reading the little descriptions next to each picture, made me look at the picture through the artists eyes. Seouls Rice Cakes was the end of my trip to Station North.

No comments:

Post a Comment