Saturday, May 9, 2015

Adventure Blog 2


April 9, 2015

My second trip to Station North was an interesting one. I must say, it started out well, but I got to see much more then I had expected. We had started out meeting at the shuttle. Even the shuttle ride down was interesting, in the fact that we got to see how to get down there but also people who hadn't taken the bus or been to Baltimore before were able to go. Once we got to the stop, we walked to Lexington Market. We walked in, and I will say it smelled like fish. There was a lot of people in the market, a lot more than I was expecting. We got to stop there for a little bit and buy whatever we wanted to. I went with a few people and walked around. We stopped by a crab cake store that is world famous for there crab cakes. Once we got that we met up with everyone else outside of the Market. As we took a small break there we got to see a disguised cop van and many things occurring which at the time I did not have any clue was occurring until Shawn came and told us. Moving on from there we ended up walking to Pratt Library. At the Pratt Library, I was able to make a library card before we left. We got to walk from there to Station North. It was a long house we got to see Washington Monument, and then passed through Mt. Vernon, and finally reached Station North. We walked through Station North, walking past the Montessori School through Lanvale and seeing the Copy Cat, through Greenmount West. Along the way I saw some cats walking around the streets. Finally we got back to Charles Street. We got to go walk around and do what we want. First, most of us actually went to Sofi's Crepes. However, from there a group of us went to go find Joes Squared for there very well known pizza. Unfortunately, we were running short on time and we hadn't found Joes Squared yet and before we got to the end of the street there was a random guy yelling so we decided we would go into the McDonalds. We went there, ordered food and then we were going to leave. We got to see an ID of a another random guy sitting next to us, talking to the people across the store. Once we were all there, we got to leave. We ended up going to Red Emma's to see how it was there. It was different, it was defiantly not the vibe I got from SNAC when I had gone there on my first adventure. Red Emma's had a whole different rhythm. It smelled and looked a lot more like a normal cafe. It was nice to see that they had a book area on one side and then a place where you could actually sit on another side. It was a good place to discuss as a group, with a great lobby. Also, it really impressed me that even in the riots last week they gave out free lunches to students. It made me have a lot more respect for them. We ended up going back to the Chicken Box to meet up with the rest of our class. We caught the circulator back, and waited a long time for the UMBC bus. Finally, once it came after a long day, and a lot of walking it was nice to take the bus back. I wasn't able to go for our next adventure on Saturday, but that was all good because I knew I would be back the next Wednesday. Fortunately, it was a really fun and interesting field trip. I got to see a lot of new places, walked around a lot, and also got to see some things I probably would not have thought of seeing. I got home that day and I had a lot to tell that was for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment