Monday, May 11, 2015

Final Reflective Blog



May 11, 2015

Wow, I can't believe the semesters coming to an end. There has been so much that has happened and so much that still can be done. This was such a busy but fun semester. I really enjoyed this class and I learned so much. In class when we were discussing with Marc what we got out, there were many things that came to mind. Like Rachel, the most important I thought was the idea of going from just learning about it to actually doing it. It is a class that teaches more to just learn about something and then reiterating on the test, it made you actually apply certain aspects you learned in the class, but also you had to be able to be willing to do it. This class did require a lot of participation and contribution, but I feel that is actually the beauty of the class. It was a way for you to actually feel what it is like in the real world. We go to class, listen to whats going on, and then be able to memorize it for either a test or write a paper about it, however it is a whole other thing to be able to have a little piece of the real world. In reality, when we gradate and move on, we will have to be able to think on our feet, do things we may not like or be used to, and deal with it. There will probably be a whole lot more work involved as well. It may be just you and maybe a few other people going out and doing a project like this, who knows. This class just gave me a piece of what the real world is like.

I feel my strongest contribution in this project was interviewing people. I had never thought that I would be able to do as many interviews as I had done. It was a great learning experience, I had never taken an interview for anyone before, but then also being able to ask questions in such a way where the conversation continues. I did help in themes as well as transcribing, and the themes groups a whole but it wasn't as big a contribution as conducting the interviews.  In the end, I will say that I learned a lot in this class, it gave me a real view of the real world, as well as, it let me learn how to do things I wasn't able to do before. I just wish I had taken this class before my last semester in my bachelors, because I would take another class like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment