Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Little About My Life




Hi, my name is Harima Mian. I am a student at University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). I am currently completing my last semester at UMBC and will be graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences this May. I have 3 siblings, an older sister and 2 younger brothers, one of which just started here at UMBC this past fall. I live in Maryland about an hour away from campus. I must say I did not grow up in Maryland, I moved here right after graduating high school (so about 3.5 years ago). As a child I moved a lot through the Northeast States, so I have pretty much either seen or lived in all the Northeast States of the US. However if there was one place I would say I grew up in, or even belong to as part of a community it is Hershey, PA. Hershey was where I was born and where my grandparents live. It is the one place in my life that remained constant, it didn't matter where I moved to or lived in the states, it is one place that I always came back to. I became very close to the community there, and I have most of my childhood memories there. Outside of the states I have visited a few countries, such as Canada and Pakistan. I really enjoy travelling to new places, and being able to see and learn new things. Although I go to school close to Baltimore I really do not know much of the Baltimore area. I do not really get to spend much time in Baltimore City, unless if I am visiting family who live in the areas surrounding Baltimore City. So, it will really be a new experience to get to learn about and see the Inner City of Baltimore, and the Communities it incorporates.



References:

Alumni Resources. (n.d.). Retrieved February 4, 2015, from http://alumni.umbc.edu/s/1325/start.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment